Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Strawberries and chocolate just seem to go together but for a change of pace, try mixing other kinds of berries with your strawberries for this recipe. Choose only fully ripe, firm, red strawberries. Wash them just before using or they will get soggy.
- 2 cups baking mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine baking mix, cocoa and nutmeg in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add yogurt, honey, and oil, stirring until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart, forming 6 shortcakes.
- Bake shortcakes until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl.
- Slice each cooled shortcake in half horizontally; place bottom halves on individual plates.
- Divide whipped cream and strawberries among shortcake bottoms.
- Top with remaining shortcake halves.
- Serve immediately.