Recipe by Manami
Can be made a day ahead but don't put topping on till just before serving. Passive chilling times vary from 4 hours until overnight.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 cookies, such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- cooking spray
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese or 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese or 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar or 6 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (optional)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond meal (finely ground almonds) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup triple berry curds
TRIPLE BERRY CURD
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen blackberrie, thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE THE TRIPLE BERRY CURD FIRST:.
- Place all berries in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Press berry mixture through a sieve over a medium bowl using the back of a spoon, reserving 1 cup pureé; discard seeds.
- Reserve any remaining pureé for another use; store in the refrigerator.
- Combine sugar or sugar sustitute, cornstarch, and salt in medium, heavy saucepan; stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in cup of pureé, juice, and eggs.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until thivk, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add butter, stirring gently until butter melts.
- Spoon mixture into a medium bowl; cover and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight(mixture will thicken as it cools).
- PREPARE THE PIE CRUST AND FILLING:.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowls; stir with a fork until moist.
- Press into bottom and 1" up sides of a 9" pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- Combine mascarpone or cottage cheese and next 5 ingredients(through Amaretto, if using) in a food processor; process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk; process until smooth.
- Add almond meal, if using.
- Poon filling into prepared crsut.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.