1/2 Photos of Chocolate Berries Cake With Mascarpone
1 hr 15 mins
I’ve prepared this fresh and moist cake many times adapting the ingredients to what is available. I hope you will like it as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 120 g butter (4 ounces)
- 100 g sugar (3 1/3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 180 g flour (6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 250 g mascarpone (6 ounces)
- 125 g Quark (4 ounces) or 125 g cream cheese (4 ounces)
- 75 g sugar (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 450 g mix berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or other berries, 15 ounces)
Glaze (substitute any fruit jelly)
- 1Heat your oven at 160°C ((320°F).
- 2Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until soft and smooth.
- 3Add eggs one by one und mix until incorporated.
- 4In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- 5Add flour mix to egg mix and work until smooth.
- 6Grease you baking mold (about 25 to 30 cm or 10 to 12 inches) and spread on it the batter.
- 7Bake 25-30 minutes until through at 160°C (320°F).
- 8Let cool down.
- 9In the meanwhile prepare your cream mixing together mascarpone, quark, sugar and lemon juice.
- 10Spread the cream over the cake base with a spatula.
- 11Prepare the glaze as described on the package (I use http://www.curiosityshoptea.com/store/product/8550/Dr-Oetker-Red-Cake-Glaze/) adding sugar and if you like the syrup. Heat as decribed.
- 12Let cool down 5 minutes.
- 13Spoon or brush the glaze over the berries.
- 14Let sit for 2 hours in the fridge.
- 15Cut in pieces and serve.
- 16Note: Change the berries depending from what you have on hand! You can add some liqueur to the jelly too!
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Berries Cake With Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: