Recipe by Pets'R'us
Saw this on a tv cookery programme. Even beetroot haters will like these ...because they can't taste the beetroot, but it makes the muffins moist.
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cocoa powder
- 6 1⁄2 ounces plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 1⁄2 ounces caster sugar
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cooked and peeled beetroots
- 3 large eggs
- 7 fluid ounces corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- icing sugar or confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line paper muffin cases in a 12-mould muffin tin.
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, and set aside.
- Purée the beetroot in a food processor.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla and oil and blend until smooth.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the beetroot mixture and lightly mix.
- Divide this mixture over the 12 muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your oven, or until the top is firm when pressed with a finger.
- Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar to serve.