1 hr 10 mins
Chef UK's Note:
Beetroot is transformed! The flavour disappears, but the vegetable gives this cake incredible moisture... Recipe taken from Abel & Cole Organics newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan of boiling water, boil the beetroots in the skins until tender when pierced with a knife, 30-60 minutes.
- 2Let cool and peel away the skins.
- 3preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas4.
- 4Butter a medium (20cm) cake tin.
- 5Sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder into the bowl; add the sugar and set aside.
- 6Puree or finely grate the beetroot.
- 7In a large bowl, whisk together the beetroot, eggs, 2 tsp vanilla and oil.
- 8Fold in the dry ingredients to just combine.
- 9Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 10Cool 20 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack.
- 11To make the frosting, melt the chocolae in a bowl set over boiling water.
- 12Whisk together the chocolate, cream cheese, 0.5tsp vanilla and 50g butter. Spread on the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Beetroot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.4
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 181.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g