1/1 Photo of Chocolate Beet Cupcakes
1 hr 25 mins
this is a fun fall project! You can of course roast your beets first; I took the lazy way out. If you want to use roasted beet, do them in the microwave.. Wear plastic gloves while working with the beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 squares dark chocolate, chopped
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml cake flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 396.89 g sliced beets
- 1Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place the chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave on low, at 30 second intervals, until ingredients are melted.
- 3Stir often during the melting process. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 5In the bowl beat remaining butter and sugar together until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in beet purée, followed by melted chocolate mixture.
- 6Using a sturdy spatula, fold in flour mixture by hand. Do not over mix.
- 7Using a lever ice cream scoop to make the job easier and mess-free, divide cupcake batter among muffin cups.
- 8Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in tins for a few minutes, then cool cupcakes completely on a wire rack.
- 9With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add beet juice, icing sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 10Frost cupcakes as desired. Makes enough for twelve cupcake.
- 11Use a spatula or piping bag to frost cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Beet Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 267.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: