Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Chocolate Beet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can beets, drained and juice saved
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup beet juice (saved from beets)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Puree beets in blender.Place in lg. bowl; Add sugar, oil and 1/2 cup juice; mix on medium till well-combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla blending well.
- Add dry ingredients beating at least 2 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Pour into greased and lined 9x13 pan. Scatter chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350° 30 to 35 minutes until tests done.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Frost or sift with powdered suagr.