Recipe by SmHerndon
"I found myself left with a half-bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I taste the beer. Hmm. The word 'chocolate' drifts into my brain. I did this..." Contributed by the witty Andrew Plotkin.
Top Review by laaabster
i used paulaner dopplebock instead of pale ale, it turned out more like a bread than cake, but was very tasty. i ended up baking it for way longer than suggested, maybe an hour or so. awesome recipe, plan on trying out all kinds of beers for it, maybe a pumpkin ale next.
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup beer (pale ale or IPA)
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cream cheese and half the chocolate (2 oz) into a bowl. Heat in microwave until soft and mix them to an even consistency.
- Add the sugar, and mix well. Add the beer, the flour, and finally the rest of the chocolate chips, while continuing to mix.
- Add the baking soda. Mix quickly; the beer will start to trigger the soda immediately.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan and bake at 350 F for 35 minutes, or the usual knife-comes-out-clean test.