1/2 Photos of Chocolate Bavarian Pie
4 hrs 20 mins
A light and delicious dessert which I found in a magazine, but have changed to suit the family. I make it with dark chocolate, but it can be made with milk chocolate as well. Also if using dark chocolate it does not matter if you use white and pink marshmallows together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease the base of a 20cm springform cake pan. Place biscuits in food processor and process to fine crumbs. Add melted butter and process to combine. Press crumbed mixture into base of pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Combine milk, marshmallows and chocolate in heatproof bowl. Place mixture over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir mixture until smooth. Remove bowl from pan.
- 3(Or if you are careful you can use the microwave on low for step 2 ).
- 4Combine gelatine and 1 tablespoon of cold water in heatproof cup. Stand cup in simmering water and stir until gelatine completely dissolved, stir the gelatine into chocolate mixture, cool mixture for 30 minutes.
- 5(When mixture is cool). Gently fold through whipped cream into chocolate mixture, when blended pour over biscuit base. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- 6Spread extra cream over pie and top with shaved chocolate to serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bavarian Pie
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.8
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.2 mg
- Sodium 102.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: