Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A light and delicious dessert which I found in a magazine, but have changed to suit the family. I make it with dark chocolate, but it can be made with milk chocolate as well. Also if using dark chocolate it does not matter if you use white and pink marshmallows together.
- 180 g malt biscuits
- 80 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 100 g chopped marshmallows
- 200 g good quality chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin, powder
- 300 ml whipped thickened cream
- 200 ml extra for decoration thickened cream
- chocolate shavings, to decorate
- Grease the base of a 20cm springform cake pan. Place biscuits in food processor and process to fine crumbs. Add melted butter and process to combine. Press crumbed mixture into base of pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Combine milk, marshmallows and chocolate in heatproof bowl. Place mixture over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir mixture until smooth. Remove bowl from pan.
- (Or if you are careful you can use the microwave on low for step 2 ).
- Combine gelatine and 1 tablespoon of cold water in heatproof cup. Stand cup in simmering water and stir until gelatine completely dissolved, stir the gelatine into chocolate mixture, cool mixture for 30 minutes.
- (When mixture is cool). Gently fold through whipped cream into chocolate mixture, when blended pour over biscuit base. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Spread extra cream over pie and top with shaved chocolate to serve.
I made this twice in one week ..LOL Very easy to make and tstes great how ever you make it. The first time I used 'Whittakers' Dark Ghana Mocha Chocolate. Very very rich so served in small slices. The second time I used 'Cadbury's' Dairy Milk. This was not as rich and suited the ladies I was serving to better. A 'keeper' for me :)