Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Does not include chill time.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- Bake crumb crust; set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatine onto 1 cup milk in medium saucepan and let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Combine sugar and cocoa and add to mixture in saucepan.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils then remove from heat.
- Add butter or margarine stir until melted. Blend in 3/4 cup milk and the vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature and chill until almost set.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Whip chocolate mixture on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour into cooled crust, chill until set.
- Top with remaining chilled whipped cream.