Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
My favourite barfi! This two colour delight is the perfect weapon to win the heart of your special someone!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 500 g khoya
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- edible silver foil, for garnishing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, sugar and milk in a broad heavy-based saucepan.
- Boil for 4 minutes.
- Add khoya and mix.
- Once the khoya dissolves in milk, remove from heat.
- Grease a thali (tin).
- Spread one layer of the khoya mixture.
- Add cocoa powder to the remaining khoya mixture and pour it in the center of the plate, allowing it to spread on its own to the outside (such that you should ultimately have the chocolate colour in the center and the white colour on the outside).
- Chill in your refrigerator for a few hours or overnight until it is set.
- Garnish with edible foil and cut into pieces.