Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
If you want to make your cakes extra special, this is a great chocolate filling recipe, this filling is very light, and not too sweet...great to use for any cake.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces chocolate bars, chopped into small pieces
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla and the chocolate bar, in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and the chocolate bar pieces.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; cool.
Wow! This is sensational! I whipped my egg whites until fluffy before adding and used a leftover See's Chocolate Bunny. I used it as a filling in White Almond Sour Cream Cake (recipe #69630)and iced it with white chocolate whipped cream (my own recipe). It was delicious!
wow, this tastes so good!! i put it in a yellow cake that i made, and it tasted delicious..some people thought that the texture was strange, but thats probably because it was so hot when i put it in a container to cool..i should have spread it out on a pan or something to make the texture less rubbery..but it still tasted so good..great recipe!! i used hershey bars btw