Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my favorite desserts to take to a potluck because it makes a huge bowlful. Also, it's delicious! Chill time is included in cook time.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- 1 (16 ounce) angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
- 3 cups skim milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix (not sugar-free)
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip (reduced calorie or fat-free OK)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, cocoa and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is thick (about 3 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in coffee liqueur.
- Set aside to cool.
- When chocolate mixture is cool, combine with cake cubes in a large bowl.
- Mix 2 crushed candy bars in with cake mixture.
- Beat milk and pudding mix at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Stir into cake mixture.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Spoon half of cake mixture into a trifle dish or large bowl (about 4 quart).
- Arrange half of bananas evenly over cake mixture and top with half of cool whip.
- Repeat layers, ending with cool whip.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee bar.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
This was sooooo good. My whole family loved it. I can't wait to make it again.