Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was requested to make this for a gathering and was a bit skeptical about it. However, it is so easy to make and it tastes great. Nobody knows that it is made with tofu until they are told. Found this recipe in the "Can't Believe It's Kosher" cookbook. Cook time does not include chill time.
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 283.49 g box silken tofu, soft variety
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58-44.37 ml light brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml raspberry vinegar
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in microwave.
- Place tofu and 1/4 of banana chunks in blender or food processor and puree.
- Add remaining banana in small batches and process until smooth.
- Add vanilla, brown sugar, salt and vinegar and blend.
- Add melted chocolate chips (will be warm), pureeing until smooth and uniform texture.
- Adjust brown sugar to taste.
- Transfer to container and cover.
- Chill at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Delcious. very banany with a bit of chocolate pudding which we enjoyed that it was a snap to make and no one asked if it was made from tofu instead of dairy products. This is a winner and we will be having it often. Thanks Ducky for sharing!
Absolutely fantastic! So quick and easy to make. I didn't have the raspberry vinegar so just substituted lemon juice instead. Delicious recipe...thank you :)
Very delicious and easy to make. I put it into a graham cracker pie crust, and it was a huge hit. Thank you for posting. I actually used the tofu I had on hand which was firm, and put it into my Vitamix, and it came out silky smooth.