I was requested to make this for a gathering and was a bit skeptical about it. However, it is so easy to make and it tastes great. Nobody knows that it is made with tofu until they are told. Found this recipe in the "Can't Believe It's Kosher" cookbook. Cook time does not include chill time.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in microwave.
- Place tofu and 1/4 of banana chunks in blender or food processor and puree.
- Add remaining banana in small batches and process until smooth.
- Add vanilla, brown sugar, salt and vinegar and blend.
- Add melted chocolate chips (will be warm), pureeing until smooth and uniform texture.
- Adjust brown sugar to taste.
- Transfer to container and cover.
- Chill at least 2 hours prior to serving.