Recipe by Ducky
I was requested to make this for a gathering and was a bit skeptical about it. However, it is so easy to make and it tastes great. Nobody knows that it is made with tofu until they are told. Found this recipe in the "Can't Believe It's Kosher" cookbook. Cook time does not include chill time.
Top Review by ellie_
Delcious. very banany with a bit of chocolate pudding which we enjoyed that it was a snap to make and no one asked if it was made from tofu instead of dairy products. This is a winner and we will be having it often. Thanks Ducky for sharing!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) box silken tofu, soft variety
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in microwave.
- Place tofu and 1/4 of banana chunks in blender or food processor and puree.
- Add remaining banana in small batches and process until smooth.
- Add vanilla, brown sugar, salt and vinegar and blend.
- Add melted chocolate chips (will be warm), pureeing until smooth and uniform texture.
- Adjust brown sugar to taste.
- Transfer to container and cover.
- Chill at least 2 hours prior to serving.