Banana and chocolate in a cake, why say any more? Delicious! From Fine Cooking magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pan
For the Cake
- 1Position a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the chopped walnuts.
- 3Generously butter a large bundt pan and coat with the nuts and sugar, pressing the nuts with your fingers to help them stick. The pan sides will be coated and some of the nuts will fall to the bottom, that’s fine.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well blended.
- 5With an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, bananas and vanilla until well blended and the bananas are almost smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 6Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just incorporated.
- 7Remove the bowl from the mixer. With a rubber spatula alternately add half the flour mixture, all the buttermilk and the rest of the flour mixture, stirring until each addition is just blended.
- 8Spoon half the batter into a medium bowl and gently stir in the melted chocolate until just combined.
- 9With a large spoon, alternately add a scoopful of each batter to the prepared pan, working around the pan until all the batter is used.
- 10Gently run a knife or the tip of a rubber spatula through the batter, once clockwise and once counterclockwise, to slightly swirl the batters.
- 11Gently tap the pan on the counters to settle the ingredients.
- 12Bake the cake until a pick inserted in the batter comes out with just a few crumbs sticking to it, about 40 minutes.
- 13Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes*.
- 14Gently tap the sides of the pan on the counter to loosen the cake.
- 15Invert the pan onto a rack, lift off the pan and let the cake cool completely.
- 16*Be sure to follow the time guidelines for unmolding the cake. If you wait too long, it will stick to the pan; take it out too early and it might break into chunks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 195.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g