Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great to pack in lunches
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
Icing Drizzle (optional)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line a 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 5/8 inch rimmed baking sheet with foil, letting foil extend above pan at ends.
- Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Beat all ingredients (EXCEPT flour and chocolate chips) in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until blended.
- On low speed beat in flour just until blended.
- Stir in chips; spread in pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with icing if using; let set.
- Lift foil by ends onto cutting board, cut into 40 bars: remove from foil.
- stir together milk and confectioners sugar until smooth.
A fine, nice, light snack - especially for kids. I opted to not use the icing drizzle which undoubtedly would have brought this up to 4 starts.