Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a filling, yummy smoothie that combines the very compatible flavours of banana, chocolate, vanilla, and cinnamon! It's great for breakfast, or for those evening-time hunger pangs.
- 1⁄2 ripe banana, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cold skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (I use Hersheys)
- 1 drop vanilla essence
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Blend the banana with the ice cubes in a mixer/blender until the banana is pureed and the ice is somewhat crushed.
- Dissolve the chocolate syrup in the milk, and add vanilla essence and cinnamon.
- Add the chocolate-milk mixture to the mashed banana in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and drink!
We call this Brown Monkey Juice, and my 4 yo adores it! Very simple to make, and a great use for those bannanas the kids won't eat, because of the "yucky brown spots" Even Mommy likes it!
You definitely have a great smoothie recipe here, even if I did leave out the ice cubes as is my usual preference ~ I did, however, double the recipe for 2 of us & used 1 ripe & frozen banana for each of us! A real keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my chocolate theme in Comfort Cafe]
I liked the addition of vanilla and cinnamon! Roxygirl