Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "The Cake Mix Doctor" chocolate book. Be warned--this cake is so rich and moist, you may start letting bananas age just so you can make it!
- 2 -3 ripe bananas
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain chocolate cake mix (no pudding)
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Peel bananas and place in large mixing bowl. Mash completely.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping sides down again if necessary.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 38 to 40 minutes, or until tests done.
- Remove pan from oven and let sit for 20 minutes. Run sharp knife around edge of cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely.