1/1 Photo of Chocolate Banana Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Annie Michelle's Note:
This recipe was passed to me by my mother, and I've embellished it a tad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour two 9x5x3 loaf pans.
- 3Cream butter, eggs, sugars, bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 4Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa and pecans.
- 5Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients. Mix well.
- 6Add boiling water and stir rapidly for 2 minutes.
- 7Pour batter into loaf pans.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle chocolate chips over tops of loaves. (if using chocolate chips).
- 10Return to oven for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes clean when poked into center of loaf.
- 11Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- 12Take a spatula and spread melted chocolate chips in an even layer on top of loaves.
- 13Let cool and remove from pans.
- 14Warm to serve and enjoy!
- 15Note: This recipe will also make 48 small cupcakes with a baking time of 20 minutes, and chocolate frosting can be substitued for the chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 209.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g