1/1 Photo of Chocolate Banana Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Annie Michelle's Note:
This recipe was passed to me by my mother, and I've embellished it a tad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour two 9x5x3 loaf pans.
- 3Cream butter, eggs, sugars, bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 4Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa and pecans.
- 5Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients. Mix well.
- 6Add boiling water and stir rapidly for 2 minutes.
- 7Pour batter into loaf pans.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle chocolate chips over tops of loaves. (if using chocolate chips).
- 10Return to oven for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes clean when poked into center of loaf.
- 11Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- 12Take a spatula and spread melted chocolate chips in an even layer on top of loaves.
- 13Let cool and remove from pans.
- 14Warm to serve and enjoy!
- 15Note: This recipe will also make 48 small cupcakes with a baking time of 20 minutes, and chocolate frosting can be substitued for the chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 209.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g