Recipe by MommyMakes
Classic kids treat, which is not that bad for them! Keep them in the freezer or the fridge.
Top Review by kaec
I cut my bananas in half, ditched the sticks and rolled them in toffee pieces after the melted chocolate. They tasted GREAT, looked horribly disgusting... :) I will definitely be making these every Halloween and every other chance I get to gross someone out!!! These are a lot fun, thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 -12 wooden popsicle sticks
- 4 bananas
- 2⁄3 cup salted peanuts, chopped or 2⁄3 cup candy sprinkles or 2⁄3 cup toffee pieces, chopped or 2⁄3 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and clear a spot in the freezer for it.
- Peel and cut bananas into halves or thirds depending on size and preference. Insert a popsicle stick halfway into each one leaving a good handle. Place bananas on baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- Place toppings on separate shallow plates.
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a dish set over boiling water (do not get any water droplets in the chocolate or it will sieze) or use your favorite method for melting chocolate. :).
- One at a time, spoon chocolate over each banana as needed to cover.
- Once the banana has been covered with chocolate, roll lightly in desired topping, then return to the freezer to harden. Repeat with remaining bananas. Can also be refrigerated for up to 3 days.