Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Skip the syrup and go straight for the vanilla ice cream with this one! (And yes, you can have ice cream for breakfast)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups chocolate milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas (riper bananas have more flavor).
- Add remaining ingredients, mix with a wisk, fork, or electic beater.
- Pour onto hot waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
Oh wow! For us, these didn't need anything added on top at all! I used frozen bananas that I microwaved until they were mushy. My bisquick was the low fat kind, and I made my own chocolate milk with fat free vanilla soy milk and Hershey's syrup. (I added some extra syrup to the batter because it didn't seem chocolatey enough for me.) I used 2 whites in place of one of the eggs, my peanut butter was chunky, and I added some mini chocolate chips. This was a wonderful and decadent breakfast treat since we're stuck in the house with chickenpox!
I also added some mini chocolate chips and these were so wonderful. I will keep on making them since my family and I love these. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Ri