1/1 Photo of Chocolate Banana ( or Orange) Cookies
Adapted from "How to Make Chocolate Banana Cookies" (http://www.ehow.com/how_11448_make-chocolate-banana.html) to use up my orange marmalade and to be healthier (low sat. fat, high fiber). Turned out delicious, gone very quick. I will also try the banana version on my next batch!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter (80g, half butter, half vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (60g. Or 2 oz chocolate bar. Or 6 tbsp. cocoa powder plus 2 tbsp butter or oil)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g, can cut to 60-80g , half of it can be brown sugar plus optional 1/4tsp. molasses)
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed (120g. Or orange marmalade plus 1 tbsp orange zest)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Melt chocolate in oil with small heat.
- 2Remove from heat, stir in sugar and banana (orange marmalade if you are making the orange version). This will cool the oil and chocolate mixture.
- 3Stir in egg and vanilla.
- 4Stir in all the dry ingredients.
- 5Drop cookies one inch apart.
- 6Bake 10 minute.
- 7Cool for a minute, then remove from cookie sheet.
- 8Cool completely before storing.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana ( or Orange) Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 221.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g