Recipe by milliwuu
Adapted from "How to Make Chocolate Banana Cookies" (http://www.ehow.com/how_11448_make-chocolate-banana.html) to use up my orange marmalade and to be healthier (low sat. fat, high fiber). Turned out delicious, gone very quick. I will also try the banana version on my next batch!!
- 1⁄3 cup butter (80g, half butter, half vegetable oil)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (60g. Or 2 oz chocolate bar. Or 6 tbsp. cocoa powder plus 2 tbsp butter or oil)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (100g, can cut to 60-80g , half of it can be brown sugar plus optional 1/4tsp. molasses)
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed (120g. Or orange marmalade plus 1 tbsp orange zest)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour (150g. Or half ground oatmeal and half wholewheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt chocolate in oil with small heat.
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar and banana (orange marmalade if you are making the orange version). This will cool the oil and chocolate mixture.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in all the dry ingredients.
- Drop cookies one inch apart.
- Bake 10 minute.
- Cool for a minute, then remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely before storing.