Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I combined two of my favorite ways of having oatmeal into one and came up with this version.
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or other artificial sweetner)
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In small saucepan bring milk to a light boil, stir in oats and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve topped with additional milk if desired.
Wow! That was about the best oatmeal I ever had! I just found out about RecipeZaar because I wanted to try new recipes for my traditional oatmeal breakfast. Just the right thing for me - since I love both chocolate and oatmeal! I tried it with 1/4 c oatmeal, 1/3 c milk(plus 1 c water), 1/2 banana and 1/2 tsp cocoa(which was enough) and then added 2 tbsp blueberries for some antioxidants.
Very good! Much better than I thought. I will make this again! Thanks for a great Core recipe!
For some reason I found a tablespoon of the baking cocoa to be too much (I actually used a little less than a tablespoon but it was still too much). The chocolate was overpowering and I could barely taste the banana or cinnamon. I will try again with less cocoa (which is really weird for me because I LOVE chocolate). Thanks for the recipe post-its a good combination of flavors to spice up ordinary oatmeal, I just need to personalize the quantities to fit my taste.