Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These bake out very moist and rise high! Tiny chocolate chips may be subbed for the nuts. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar, drizzle with a glaze or frost after baking. Which ever you decide, these are fantastic muffins!
Top Review by Heartspell
These were easy and tasty! I thought I'd fool my 12yo into eating "Banana Nut Muffins" by using this...he's a chocoholic! LOL...it didn't work. Nice change from the "same ol; same ol" BNM to making them with chocolate!! Yum! Thanks Kitten!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 very large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, bananas and vanilla; mix well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir JUST until moistened (don't worry about any small lumps remaining).
- Gently stir in the nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between the lined muffin tins (filling to the top!).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins test done).