Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These bake out very moist and rise high! Tiny chocolate chips may be subbed for the nuts. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar, drizzle with a glaze or frost after baking. Which ever you decide, these are fantastic muffins!
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, bananas and vanilla; mix well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir JUST until moistened (don't worry about any small lumps remaining).
- Gently stir in the nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between the lined muffin tins (filling to the top!).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins test done).
These were easy and tasty! I thought I'd fool my 12yo into eating "Banana Nut Muffins" by using this...he's a chocoholic! LOL...it didn't work. Nice change from the "same ol; same ol" BNM to making them with chocolate!! Yum! Thanks Kitten!!
Very very good dense muffins! They were appreciated by everyone at the office - managed to "steal" one (!!) and loved it! I didn't add any nuts because of co-workers allergies but will try them again soon with nuts (because I love them!). Thanks Kit!
Nice, dense muffin. I used 1 cup all-purpose and 1 cup whole-wheat PASTRY flour, and 1/3 cup brown sugar and 2/3 cup Splenda. I might add some cinnamon next time for a little added flavor.