Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Saw this on the Food Network. Looked simple to prepare and wanted to post this for safe-keeping. Use two 6 oz ramekins for two servings, if you're fortunate enough to find heart shaped ramekins, that makes for a beautiful presentation!
- 20 vanilla wafers (I like Nilla Wafers)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor pulse vanilla wafers until reduced to crumbs. Continuing to pulse, add 1 teaspoon of the sugar and salt, then slowly drizzle in butter until completely combined.
- Divide mixture in half and pour into ramekins. Using the bottom of a small glass, press the crumbs into the ramekins to make a crust on the bottom. The crust should be about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a medium bowl combine banana, brown sugar, peanuts and chocolate chips. Divide this mixture in half and place in the bottom of each ramekin.
- In the same bowl, whisk together yolks, heavy cream, vanilla, zest and remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly into both ramekins and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.