Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Bananas add a new twist to brownies. No frosting needed, just sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9" square pan.
- Combine butter, sugar and cocoa and mix well.
- Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and add to mixture.
- Stir in mashed bananas and nuts and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Ovens vary so I would start checking them after 30 minutes of baking time.
These were tasty, yet not brownies like I was expecting. I have to agree with Denise about it being more like a bread than a brownie. If you really want banana brownies, make a basic brownie batter and add mashed bananas.
AMAZING. What took them over the top was the chocolate chips I added instead of nuts. A BIG hit in my house.
Very moist and quite bananary. More cakey than fudgy brownies but they are very tasty. I used a mixture of nuts, dried fruit and roughly chopped milk chocolate bar. I think this additional chocolate made them a bit greasy.