This recipe is from one of those little free booklets that they give out at the supermarket. I had some ripe bananas that I wanted to use up and these sounded perfect. They combine the appeal of chocolate with the goodness of bananas and whole wheat flour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tin by lining with paper muffin cups or greasing well.
- Mash the bananas well and combine with the milk, egg, sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Stir the whole wheat flour together with the all-purpose flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Place a banana chip on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched gently.