Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe is from one of those little free booklets that they give out at the supermarket. I had some ripe bananas that I wanted to use up and these sounded perfect. They combine the appeal of chocolate with the goodness of bananas and whole wheat flour.
Top Review by Boomette
These muffins are so moist. DH said it needed more chocolate taste. Maybe some chocolate chips added to the batter would have been great. My son loved them. Thanks lrmgard :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
- 295.73 ml bananas, mashed (about 3)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 12 banana chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tin by lining with paper muffin cups or greasing well.
- Mash the bananas well and combine with the milk, egg, sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Stir the whole wheat flour together with the all-purpose flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Place a banana chip on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched gently.