1/1 Photo of Chocolate Banana Muffin
1 hr 35 mins
Experimental Spirit's Note:
I used a blueberry muffin recipe I tried before, but replace the blueberry with banana bits... it was an pleasant surprise - I was experimenting with the stuff left in my fridge basically... You know the trouble to finish off banana before they all go brown... But it turned out really really really nice! Give it a go if you are in the mood of experimental muffin :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (190C).
- 2Place rack in top third of oven.
- 3Place muffin cups on the trail.
- 4Melt butter in a small saucepan over moderately low heat, then remove from heat.
- 5Whisk in milk, then whisk in whole egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined well.
- 6Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl, then add milk mixture and stir until just combined. Notice: NEVER over mix the ingredients, for muffins, the best way is to mix by hand with a fork :).
- 7Cut banans into small cubes, and then fold them in and mix slightly.
- 8Divide batter among the muffin cups, spreading evenly. I tend to fill the cups a bit full so that the muffins will get over the cup top after baking - just like what we get from the shops!
- 9Bake about 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 10Open the oven a bit to let the muffins settle before move out. Then cool in pans on a rack 15 minutes.
- 11Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Muffin
Serving Size: 1 (1507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g