Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These yummy mini breads are great for gifts! I added some mini chocolate chips to the mix and peanuts to a few of the loaves! 1/4 loaf is 4 weight watchers points.
- 4 very ripe bananas (about 2 cups mashed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat four mini-loaf (2-cup) pans with cooking spray.
- Place bananas and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Scrap down bowl sides and add flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and nuts.
- Mix to combine.
- Fill pans about half full with batter.
- Bake until firm in the center and a toothpick inserted comes out with a bit of crumb on it, 35-40 minutes. (Or use 16 muffin tins and bake 15-18 mintues, or a full-size loaf pan for 1 hour.)
- Cool completely.
- To freeze, warp in plastic and then foil and freeze up to one month.
This is a nice, though oddly not that sweet, quick bread. I made it as both mini loaves and regular loaves. Nice light taste. Thanks.