Recipe by Dannygirl
A decadent Chocolate Cake made with Bananas, Cream Cheese and Coffee! From another site.
Top Review by podapo
Made this for my hubbys birthday.. the cake itself was moist and chocolately and just superb, however the frosting was a bit of a let down. It was good, but I had trouble with the consistency as stated, ended up having to add quite a bit more powdered sugar to get it to "stay" on the cake, which in the end made it way to sweet. Overall taste was really good and I WILL make it again with some adjustment with frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup prepared maxwell house instant coffee, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon maxwell house instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons milk, warmed
- 1 (250 g) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 ounces baker semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 (9-in.) round cake pans.
- Line bottoms of pans with wax paper.
- Stir cake mix and cocoa in large bowl.
- Add eggs, prepared coffee, water and bananas; beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently.
- Beat on medium speed 2 min; pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 min or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 min; remove from pans.
- Immediately remove wax paper.
- Cool cake layers completely on wire racks.
- Dissolve 1 tsp instant coffee in warm milk.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add milk mixture; beat 2 min, then blend in melted chocolate.
- Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Use to fill and frost cooled cake layers.
- Immediately press pecans into frosting on side of cake.
- Garnish top with chocolate curls.
- To Make Chocolate Curls: Unwrap and heat a square of Semi-Sweet Chocolate for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Holding the square firmly in your hand, draw a vegetable peeler over the flat bottom.