Recipe by jshorton
The bananas are the only sweetener in this. From the June 2011 issue of Clean Eating. Note that "cooking time" represents at least 4 hours of freezer time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I like to think that I pretty much followed your recipe, the bananas I used weren't terribly small, so I also added another tablespoon of the cocoa, all for a very nice tasting dessert that was extremely easy to make! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 1 pie crust
- 5 small ripe bananas, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, finely chopped (70% or greater)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bananas, cocoa, coconut milk and vanilla in the jar of the blender. Blend until very smooth (like thin cake batter), stopping to scrape down the sides of jar and star mixture 2 or 3 times to ensure all banana is pureed.
- Pour banana puree into baked pie crust. Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate across surface of pie. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove plastic wrap and set at room temperature for about 30 minutes (longer if pie was frozen for more than 4 hours), until pie is just soft enough to yield to the cut of a knife.