Recipe by Sumayah #2
Chocolate and bananas make a great combo! This comes from http://www.chocojunkie.com
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 banana, divided- 1/2 mashed, 1/2 sliced for garnish
- 3 bananas (sliced)
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan mix together sugar, salt and flour.
- In a medium bowl combine egg yolks, milk and cream. Mix well.
- Slowly add milk mixture to dry ingredients in saucepan, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook over low heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and add butter and mashed banana. Stir to combine.
- Slice bananas into the pre-baked pie crust. Over the bananas, put in 1/2 cup of the morsels, spread evenly.
- Pour filling over bananas and morsels, shake slightly to settle filling.
- Refrigerate pie at least 4 hours until well chilled. Garnish top of pie with whipped cream, sliced bananas and the remaining chocolate morsels.