Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from "Robin Hood Flour & Bakers Festival" flyer it's a simple cake to prepare with outstanding results!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if desired)
- 1 (300 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add in the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and mashed bananas; mix until smooth.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients Pour half of the batter into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp (or more) of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat the layers.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
I have made this recipe twice - with the same results. I think there is to much liquid for the amount of dry ingredients. The chocolate chips in the middle go through the batter to the bottom and I also had to bake it longer than the suggested time.
Really wanted to like it, but never baked completely, even tho I put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Maybe if I baked in a jelly roll pan or sheet cake pan. 8-(
I had this recpie at a friend's house and was about to add it to the 'zaar when I thought I should check for it first. It is, simply put, AMAZING! It's easy and it tastes great! I haven't done it,but my friends mom bakes hers in an angel food cake pan, which switches it up a little more for presentation. GREAT recipe!!