Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from "Robin Hood Flour & Bakers Festival" flyer it's a simple cake to prepare with outstanding results!
Top Review by Rosanna Boutilier
I have made this recipe twice - with the same results. I think there is to much liquid for the amount of dry ingredients. The chocolate chips in the middle go through the batter to the bottom and I also had to bake it longer than the suggested time.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if desired)
- 1 (300 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add in the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and mashed bananas; mix until smooth.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients Pour half of the batter into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp (or more) of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat the layers.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.