1/13 Photos of Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
1 hr 10 mins
After first trying this years ago my 2nd son declared -who needs banana bread?! - and this became our favorite choice for doing away with overripe bananas. The recipe originally had an optional chocolate glaze, I've always skipped it and just added a light dusting of confectionary sugar. This is a pretty sturdy cake which makes it great for picnics, potlucks and lunch bags - the same son recently took 1/2 a cake with him for the drive back to S.CA! An extra note - seeing some of the comments - this is not a tall cake it only rises a littel more than half way up the pan. Ovens are different - go with a shorter cooking time and check to see if needs more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease or spray a bundt pan and lightly dust with cocoa powder.
- 2Mix together dry ingredients, set aside.
- 3Cream butter, add sugar and eggs, mix well,then add bananas and mix briefly.
- 4Mix in dry ingredients until incorporated, don't over mix, stir in chocolate chips.
- 5Pour into prepared pan and bake 50- 60 minutes until it tests done, cake will just start to pull away from edges.
- 6Cool slightly then remove from pan.
- 7Your supposed to let it cool all the way then dust with confectionary sugar, but my kids always slice it warm, which is good with vanilla ice cream .
- 9I always use a pan release spray and dust with the cocoa, and have almost never had a problem with the cake sticking. If greasing the pan - do it well and use a bit more cocoa as you would flour.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 187.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g