Recipe by DuChick
Enjoy this decadent dessert, satisfy your sweet-tooth cravings, enjoy your fruit AND stay on good terms with the scale! This tastes like a 500 calorie treat, but is only a fraction of that. The whole family will love it!
- olive oil flavored cooking spray or vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fat free chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets, defrosted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, chocolate sauce, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Lay out 1 sheet phyllo onto a flat surface.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and fold in half lengthwise.
- Turn sheet so one of the narrower ends is facing you.
- Place 1/6 mixture about 1 inch from the bottom and about 1 inch from each side.
- Roll one quarter of the length of the phyllo, then fold in sides and continue rolling the length of the phyllo (as you would a burrito or wrap).
- Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and place on baking sheet with open flap down.
- Lightly spray the exterior of chimichangas with cooking spray and dust with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place in oven immediately and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.