Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the most delicious and moistest chocolate cake I have ever tasted. It was given to me by a woman I know but where it came from I have no idea. That aside, it is wonderful.
- 250 g butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 mashed bananas (medium in size)
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup boiling milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- icing sugar
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add in the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Dissolve the bicarb soda in the milk and add to the creamed mixture.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Add to prepared cake tins.
- (The mixture makes two good-sized cakes).
- Place in a 180oc oven for about 50 minutes.
- When cold decorate with icing.
- Icing: Mix all the ingredients together to form a thick consistency.
This is a keeper. I try lots of recipes, frequently improvising/improving ? them. This one had my guests going back for second helpings just as it was. But I think I may try adding mini chocolate chips and/or walnut pieces.
While baking, a nice chocolate aroma fills the house. A moist cake with a rather shiny surface, worth trying.