Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from the recipe in “One-Pot Cakes” by Andrew Schloss. I am showing the "standard" ingredients with a healthier variation that I personally use.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Melt butter and chocolate. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add mashed banana; stir well.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs; stir well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to mixture, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Pour into a greased 8” round pan. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until center comes out clean.
- My variations: substitute fructose for the sugar;.
- Substitute 3/4 cup organic oat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour) plus 1/4 cup soy flour for the regular flour.