Recipe by Chef Dudo
Dump everything in the food processor, it takes longer to clean it than to make it.
Top Review by dimensionally transcendental
I'd like to give this a 3.5/5 but rounded up to be nice. The cake is amazingly quick and easy to make (and I mixed it all by hand). I replaced half of the flour with self-raising flour and it came out extremely light, fluffy and moist. The reason it isn't really a four is because it is a bit bland. It is a nice basic recipe to play with. I will try and add choccie chips, nuts, maybe some rum. I also like the idea of using it as a base cake for other desserts as Mirj suggested. Thanks for posting
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 bread loaf tins (holding about 6 cups each).
- Put the dry ingredients in the food processor.
- Add eggs, water, and bananas.
- Process for about 15 seconds making sure all is well mixed.
- Pour the mixture in the 2 loaf pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- When done, an inserted skewer should come out clean.
- If you don't have a food processor:.
- Mash the bananas.
- Put the bananas and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until blended.
- Proceed as above.