Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderful moist chocolate banana bundt cake. Found this in Fitness magazine a few years back and this quickly became one of the family's favorite desserts!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fat-free buttermilk
- 16 banana chips
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend buttermilk, bananas, and brown sugar. Then, beat in whole egg and egg white. Stir in oil, corn syrup and vanilla. Gradually fold in flour mixture until just combined (small lumps are okay).
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork/toothpick/skewer inserted into cake comes out clean.
- IMPORTANT: Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from bundt pan to cool completely on wire rack.
- TOPPING: In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and buttermilk until smooth. Drizzle over cake and top with banana chips and chocolate chips.