Recipe by diner524
Another recipe I saved from my TOH Magazine (by Thomas Faglon), but I haven't tried it yet, posting for safe keeping. I think I would use the pre-made puff pastry shells and, therefore, slice the banana up before adding to the brown sugar/butter mixture, then add it to the shells and bake. You could even make this easier by using hot fudge topping.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Chocolate, bananas, and chopped pecans..Couldn't pass this up. Made this as posted, perfect for all of us for dessert. Real easy to whip up, Made this as posted. Will make again in the future. Made for PRMR.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; stir to coat. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Cut into four rectangles. Place a halved banana in the center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of pastry over banana; pinch tightly to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve warm with ice cream and top with nuts if desired .