Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
With the added bananas, these brownies are really moist and delicious. Originally taken from 101 Cakes and Bakes, published by BBC World, with editing.
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 180 g brown sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 bananas, ripe (large ones, or increase no. of bananas to 3)
- 100 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper, with an extra 1cm on the sides.
- Combine the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large pan over a gentle flame, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the combined eggs, bananas and vanilla until well-mixed.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes (depending on how large your bananas are).
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares.
Rich & delicious. Great recipe if you have too ripe bananas on hand. I didn't have self-raising flour so I just used all-purpose. This is one of the best brownie recipes that I've tried, even with the surprising ingred. of bananas.
Lovely soft cake-like consistency and not too sweet which suits me. I added 1 Tbsp of chia seeds to the mashed banana as I try to get those in whenever I can. Perfect amount of chocolate in my opinion. Thank you for an easy and tasty recipe.
Just WOW!! brownies and banana bread are my most favourite cakes both to eat and to bake but I never thought of combining these two together. Until today. Thank you so much for sharing this super easy recipe. I just tried it out, even the batter tasted amazing not to mention the cake itself. So moist and fluffy, I added chopped walnuts and some desiccated coconut. Can't wait to share it with my colleagues tomorrow :))