With the added bananas, these brownies are really moist and delicious. Originally taken from 101 Cakes and Bakes, published by BBC World, with editing.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper, with an extra 1cm on the sides.
- Combine the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large pan over a gentle flame, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the combined eggs, bananas and vanilla until well-mixed.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes (depending on how large your bananas are).
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares.