Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
With the added bananas, these brownies are really moist and delicious. Originally taken from 101 Cakes and Bakes, published by BBC World, with editing.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper, with an extra 1cm on the sides.
- Combine the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large pan over a gentle flame, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the combined eggs, bananas and vanilla until well-mixed.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes (depending on how large your bananas are).
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares.
Lovely soft cake-like consistency and not too sweet which suits me. I added 1 Tbsp of chia seeds to the mashed banana as I try to get those in whenever I can. Perfect amount of chocolate in my opinion. Thank you for an easy and tasty recipe.
I'm not really into brownies usually. But I was curious to try this recipe and I'm glad I did. It's full of chocolate flavor. Very yummy. And they are so moist. And the bananas give a great taste to the brownies. Thanks alittlerayofsunshine :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
Rich & delicious. Great recipe if you have too ripe bananas on hand. I didn't have self-raising flour so I just used all-purpose. This is one of the best brownie recipes that I've tried, even with the surprising ingred. of bananas.