Recipe by vintagenovelty
With the added bananas, these brownies are really moist and delicious. Originally taken from 101 Cakes and Bakes, published by BBC World, with editing.
Top Review by nuttynut
Rich & delicious. Great recipe if you have too ripe bananas on hand. I didn't have self-raising flour so I just used all-purpose. This is one of the best brownie recipes that I've tried, even with the surprising ingred. of bananas.
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 180 g brown sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 bananas, ripe (large ones, or increase no. of bananas to 3)
- 100 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper, with an extra 1cm on the sides.
- Combine the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large pan over a gentle flame, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the combined eggs, bananas and vanilla until well-mixed.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes (depending on how large your bananas are).
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares.