Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Serve warm or cold.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in bread, bananas, and chocolate chips, and let stand 5 minutes for bread to soak. Pour into prepared pan.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place loaf pan on towel inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with water to reach halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Loved it -- although I thought the vanilla was a bit much. Next time I'm going to only add 1/2 the amount.
Awesome and easy. I only had skim milk on hand which maybe explains why it took about 1/2 hr longer to set up in the oven and cook through completely. Served it with sweetened whipped cream. Thanks for a great keeper dessert!
I made this last night and it was really good. The only thing I would change next time is I would put less chocolate because my husband isn't a huge chocolate fan. It came out perfect and it was very pretty in the pan.