Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so easy and fun for kids! This is from Everyday with Rachel Ray.
Make and share this Chocolate-Banana Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 6 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In nonstick skillet, melt the butter with the brown sugar over moderately high heat.
- Add the banana slices and cook, turning once, until caramelized, about 3 minutes.
- The bananas should be softened and sticky. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Stack the toasted bread, slice off the crusts and cut the bread into 4 triangles.
- Add the bread to the custard and let soak until the custard is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooled caramelized bananas and the chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin cups (they will be very full).
- Bake the puddings until puffy and golden, about 25 minutes.