1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe comes from Cafe' Europa in the Fantasyland Hotel at the West Edmonton Mall in Canada and was recently published in Good Housekeeping. Prep time does not include chilling and cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bread into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 2Slice bananas into 1/2-inch chunks.
- 3In large bowl, with wire wisk, beat eggs, half-and-half, and sugar until blended.
- 4Gently stir in bread, bananas, and chocolate chips to combine.
- 5Cover and refrigerate bread mixture at least 1 hour, occasionally pressing down bread to absorb cream mixture.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Grease 9-inch round springform or cake pan (at lease 2-inches deep).
- 8Spoon mixture into pan. Pan will be very full.
- 9Bake bread pudding, covered, 35 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake 45 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- 11Cool pudding slightly on wire rack to serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 324.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g