Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in an old Quick Cooking magazine when I was looking for something different to do with banana bread. It has almost a cake like texture, and has a nice balance of chocolate and banana flavors. I usually use pecans for the nuts, though walnuts could be used also. It's also good without nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approximatey 2)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk, and vanilla, mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to banana mixture and mix just until combine. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.