1/1 Photo of Chocolate Banana Bread
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from Food Network star Tyler Florence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanille extract
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter 9x5 loaf pan.
- 3Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 4In another bowl, beat butter until light; beat in chocolate, eggs, bananas and vanilla.
- 5Stir in dry ingredients just until combined; do not overbeat.
- 6Pour batter into pan.
- 7Bake until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out almost clean, 50-60 minutes.
- 8Cool in pan on rack at least 15 minutes before removing bread from pan to rack.
- 9If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.1
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 245.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g