Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from Food Network star Tyler Florence.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanille extract
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 9x5 loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter until light; beat in chocolate, eggs, bananas and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until combined; do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out almost clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack at least 15 minutes before removing bread from pan to rack.
- If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. And I used dark chocolate cause I didn't have bittersweet. The taste is so good. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Photo tag