Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a local volunteer cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Combine margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until moistened.
- Mash bananas and add with milk.
- Beat on low to blend.
- Add next five ingredients.
- Beat on low until flour mixture is moistened.
- Use a spoon to fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake on centre rack 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
excellent! if you use soymilk, you can leave out the eggs. just use about a half cup instead of a quarter. (makes it vegan). very good recipe.
This turned out very good, I threw some chocolate chips in as well to give another shot of chocolate. Baked it it 4 mini loaf pans and it worked out great.
OK, I don't like banana bread and my sis in law doesn't like chocolate...but we both loved this! LOL. And I forgot to add the walnuts, which I definitely will do next time. Great recipe, with a nice blend of chocolate and banana without one overpowering the other. Thank you!